2013 Tom Arma Baby & Toddler of the Year Photo Contest
Contest Rules & Photo Submission Instructions
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Photograph your child in an Animal Themed Halloween Costume, enter online (or via mail) and your child could appear on Tom Arma’s Web site! Grand Prize Winners in each category (Infants aged 6 mos. to 24 mos.; Toddlers aged 2 yrs. to 5 yrs.) will receive a Tom Arma Signature Collection Costume, and will appear on the Tom Arma website for the duration of one year as the Tom Arma Halloween Baby of the Year, and will appear on the Halloween Express web-site as the Tom Arma Baby & Toddler of the Year for a duration to be determined by HalloweenExpress.com. The Grand Prize winners will be selected by or before 11-30-13 from all entries received as of midnight eastern time on 11-14-13.
(a) This contest is open to residents of any of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico. Each entry must depict one (1) child, either an infant (ages: birth through 24 months) or a toddler (ages: 2 years through 5th birthday). One grand prize winner will be selected from each of the infant and toddler categories. No submissions depicting any child older than his or her fifth birthday will be eligible. All submitted photos must have been taken in calendar years 2012 or 2013.
(b) Photos may be submitted only by the parent or legal guardian of the infant or toddler depicted in the entry photo.
(c) Employees, consultants, agents and their respective families of Arma and Halloween Express (collectively, “Sponsor”) and their affiliated entities are not eligible to participate in this contest.
3. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
(a) Only one image per contestant will be considered.
(b) Entries may be submitted in either a print photograph or a digital image. Print photographs must not be a size smaller than 4” x 6” or larger than 8” x 12”. Digital submissions must be in .jpg or .img format and image size must be no greater than 1Mb.
(c) Entries must contain the name and age of the child pictured, the name, street address and e-mail address (if any), of the parent or guardian submitting the photo entry. In addition, entries must contain a statement by the parent or guardian as to whether the costume in the photo is homemade or store-bought and, if store-bought, the name of the store and manufacturer.
(d) All print photograph entries are to be sent to: Tom Arma Photo Contest, Tom Arma Costumes, Inc. P.O. Box 3091, Tubac AZ 85646. All entries must be postmarked no later than 11/02/13 and received no later than 11/14/13. A print photograph submission entry form may be downloaded from the HalloweenExpress.com website by CLICKING HERE. All submissions become the sole and exclusive property of Arma and will not be returned.
(e) All digital submission entries are to be uploaded to the HalloweenExpress.com Tom Arma Contest website by following the instructions found on the HalloweenExpress.com website. Uploads must be completed no later than midnight eastern time on November 14, 2013. To enter the contest and upload your photo, CLICK HERE.
4. All winners will be notified by e-mail or phone. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winning contestants. If a selected winning contestant cannot be contacted, or is ineligible, prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
5. All winning photos may not be published elsewhere (including but not limited to other Internet websites (other than on the personal website of the family and friends of the person submitting the photo and print publications) without the express written consent of Arma Use of winning photos without the express written consent of Arma, will result in immediate forfeiture of prizes and disqualification from the contest.
6. Judging will be conducted by Arma with no discrimination based on race, creed, religion or sex. Judging will take place between 11/15/12 and 11/30/12.
7. Judging is based on cuteness, photogenic quality and photo quality as determined from entrant's submitted photo entry, setting of photograph, and nature of costume. Judges’ decisions are final. We will not tolerate any “bashing” e-mails that insult or question the ability of the judges.
8. The Tom Arma Baby & Toddler of the Year Photo Contest, Halloween Express, and Arma reserve the right to alter (crop, enlarge etc.) photos to fit into our frames in the event a photo is selected to be posted on our websites.
9. The Tom Arma Baby & Toddler of the Year Photo Contest, Halloween Express, and Arma are not responsible for photos lost or damaged in mail
10. The Tom Arma Baby & Toddler of the Year Photo Contest, Halloween Express, and Arma are not responsible for lost prize packages in the mail.
11. By entering this contest and/or accepting any prize in connection herewith, entrant's parent or legal guardian releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Halloween Express, and Arma, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and employees of all of the foregoing (collectively, "Releases") from and against any and all claims, actions, and liability for any injury, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees), disputes, and/or disability resulting from participation in this contest and/or acceptance of any prize.
Releases are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible, entries or email; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Releases are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest. Releases are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from or use of the web site.
12. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the contest or website, will be disqualified. Should any portion of the contest be, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, company reserve the right at their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest and select winners all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Prizes will be awarded based on full compliance with these official rules.
13. By submitting an entry to The Tom Arma Baby & Toddler of the Year Photo Contest, the Parent or Legal Guardian of the child depicted in the entry photo affirms that he or she is the sole and exclusive owner of all rights (including copyright) of the entry photo, that nothing in the entry photo infringes the rights of any third party and that no rights in the entry photo have been granted to any other company or individual. Arma and HalloweenExpress.com shall both be free to use any photos submitted (and the first names that appear in the contest with them) for publicity purposes. The contestant shall indemnify and defend Arma, HalloweenExpress.com, and their respective officers, directors, employees and affiliates from and against any claims alleging that such use of an entry photo infringes the copyright, intellectual property, trademark of any third party. Permitted uses may include, without limitation, the entry photo being used on the Sponsor site, newsletters, advertising.
14. Arma reserves the exclusive right, exercisable at any time, without notice, to amend, add to, delete from, alter or otherwise change these Terms and Conditions. If any provision (s) of these Terms and Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable under applicable law, then such provision (s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect
15. By entering the contest, the parent/guardian/contestant acknowledges that they have read and fully understand the rules, terms, and conditions and hereby waive, release, discharge The Tom Arma Baby & Toddler of the Year Photo Contest, Halloween Express, and Arma representatives and any employees from any claims resulting from their child's participation in Arma and Halloween Express photo contest.
16. This contest is void where prohibited by law. The contestant assumes the total responsibility of knowing if they are subject to any local, state or national laws. Arma and Halloween Express accept no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations.